A memorable incident
<>
It all started when the Christian bookstore lady owner questioned him about his faith, he replied, slightly bemused, "I'm International...".
"Huh?!? Do you have any beliefs like Christianity, or stepped into a church before?"
"...I have a Bible, read before, also go to the temple...but I worship nature...wind, blah blah yada yada."
Then he went on boasting about the powers of nature, which he didnt even consider god, yet he believed was more powerful.
Arrgh, so it escalated into a complicated, tedious discussion of theology. At this very moment, I brought up the Bible.
Suddenly, that intense moment became peaceful when I foresaw that whether he would eventually accept Christ that day would lie entirely on his attitude towards the Word of God. My efforts are useless without God's..If the Spirit-written Word of God could not convince him for now, it would ultimately be futile for that day itself.
He was spiritually confused, asking questions about the purpose of life. (If his English was good, I felt like asking him>>Go read Ecclesiastes lor :P ) We showed him many truths from the Bible. He read but could not believe in it. Ken gave him his contact number but till now, there was no reply.
Though initially disappointed, I left the day feeling the joy of the Lord in sharing the good news as well as reaffirming my faith. A spiritual nugget to take home that day was the usefulness I felt in lugging that extra weight about me which becomes indispensable at times of sharing. God never tells me when the next time the opportunity to share his gospel will knock at my door but one thing is for sure, this little sacrifice of bringing a Bible around is worthwhile, even if just one additional soul is saved!!
Sharing one's faith is never easy. To convert others convincingly also requires that we have His Word, physical or hidden in our hearts. How easy for them, they just have to disprove one of your arguments and they wont believe in Christ, but we have to prove many/all things to them. It is a challenge, to our confident understanding of Him, overcome our shyness (haha me especially), and a spiritual and mental battle. But the joy of sharing is immense-besides the gain in His Kingdom, God uses it to build us up, our faith and to demonstrate to ourselves how worthy we are to serve Him even if we dont feel so.
Let us go forward bravely in sharing, not just for close friends, but at opportune times to strangers. Persecution and trials may be tests from God but so is sharing the good news of Christ. Both reveals the progress of our spiritual maturity and the rewards are twofold for both obedience to His commandment to share and that for passing His test in how we respond to handling non-believers. Amen!!
Footnote: Ehh..kudos to Lynn for suggesting me to share this with you all..^__^
It all started when the Christian bookstore lady owner questioned him about his faith, he replied, slightly bemused, "I'm International...".
"Huh?!? Do you have any beliefs like Christianity, or stepped into a church before?"
"...I have a Bible, read before, also go to the temple...but I worship nature...wind, blah blah yada yada."
Then he went on boasting about the powers of nature, which he didnt even consider god, yet he believed was more powerful.
Arrgh, so it escalated into a complicated, tedious discussion of theology. At this very moment, I brought up the Bible.
Suddenly, that intense moment became peaceful when I foresaw that whether he would eventually accept Christ that day would lie entirely on his attitude towards the Word of God. My efforts are useless without God's..If the Spirit-written Word of God could not convince him for now, it would ultimately be futile for that day itself.
He was spiritually confused, asking questions about the purpose of life. (If his English was good, I felt like asking him>>Go read Ecclesiastes lor :P ) We showed him many truths from the Bible. He read but could not believe in it. Ken gave him his contact number but till now, there was no reply.
Though initially disappointed, I left the day feeling the joy of the Lord in sharing the good news as well as reaffirming my faith. A spiritual nugget to take home that day was the usefulness I felt in lugging that extra weight about me which becomes indispensable at times of sharing. God never tells me when the next time the opportunity to share his gospel will knock at my door but one thing is for sure, this little sacrifice of bringing a Bible around is worthwhile, even if just one additional soul is saved!!
Sharing one's faith is never easy. To convert others convincingly also requires that we have His Word, physical or hidden in our hearts. How easy for them, they just have to disprove one of your arguments and they wont believe in Christ, but we have to prove many/all things to them. It is a challenge, to our confident understanding of Him, overcome our shyness (haha me especially), and a spiritual and mental battle. But the joy of sharing is immense-besides the gain in His Kingdom, God uses it to build us up, our faith and to demonstrate to ourselves how worthy we are to serve Him even if we dont feel so.
Let us go forward bravely in sharing, not just for close friends, but at opportune times to strangers. Persecution and trials may be tests from God but so is sharing the good news of Christ. Both reveals the progress of our spiritual maturity and the rewards are twofold for both obedience to His commandment to share and that for passing His test in how we respond to handling non-believers. Amen!!
Footnote: Ehh..kudos to Lynn for suggesting me to share this with you all..^__^

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home