Understand God..
For those who have never gone thru military life, it is tough understanding much of what life's like for some.
Until now, for my whole company of 120 odd men and commanders, there is not 1 person I have succeeded in evangelising too, not 1 who will talk about God's Word with me or who gives godly encouragement, not 1 whom I can trust or feel comfortable with as much as anyone in Nissi. I face such persecution that I even thought must have originated from a severe character flaw!!
Its never fun to be too different from the crowd. How do you ride upstream across a river in a kayak, against the current? Yes, we are called to be different, not to "conform to the pattern of this world","aliens", "peculiar". Christian values are a world apart. Everyday, all around me I am bombarded with coarse language, filthy cigarette smoke, malicious gossips. What can I talk about in common with them? Join them as they boast about their pleasure-centred lives and sex?! Hear them discourage and compromise my faith with words like the extinction of virgins? No way!!
We are told to flee from temptations just as Joseph in the Bible fled from Potiphar's wife..but why did God place me in a situation called army where it is so difficult to run?!? Recently, even the word God from me will pretty much end any conversation I have with them.They dont want to listen! In my SAF camp, we have to clean our bunks everyday, and I happen to be the one doing most of it everyday, watching them idle/read the Da Vinci Code?
Integrity is almost non-existent because too many believe in (dubbed SAF 8th Core Value haha!!)-Do whatever you want but dont get caught. So do the commanders?!? Arrgh.
I almost lost my purpose in there. They never do understand the joy of family and church to me. But I have seen it all from a wrong perspective. I can never thank God enough for showing me how much faith and confidence in me by putting me in such a godless place and expect me to endure. Would He allow me to be tempted knowing that I would fall? Certainly not. Such persecution and trials make my heart joyous as I mature in faith where others could have fall.
Take heart in the loss of friends, suffering and persecution. God is preparing us for the next stage of spiritual growth where otherwise we would have been stagnant.
Then, I failed my Standard Obstacle Course(SOC)>14+mins during my trial test. Faced with imminent remedial training on sat if i dont pass by the next test, I confidently claimed God's promise to help and even set goals for it. Finally, I made it in 9'36. Sheer physical might could not have done it alone. My army buddies still cant accept that God was the one who planned and assisted me in all this. God would make a way out for me that I may prepare for church on sat!! Amen! Praise Him!
It is not that persecution will not end. Not that we will always be denied our chance to go to church. We should continue trying our best, patient and hopeful for the sweet moment when God decides it is time to grant us our righteous desires.
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
-Matt 6:33
(Haha, actually I just want to air my grievances one, but managed to turn it into a testimony and encouragement for you all..^__^)
Until now, for my whole company of 120 odd men and commanders, there is not 1 person I have succeeded in evangelising too, not 1 who will talk about God's Word with me or who gives godly encouragement, not 1 whom I can trust or feel comfortable with as much as anyone in Nissi. I face such persecution that I even thought must have originated from a severe character flaw!!
Its never fun to be too different from the crowd. How do you ride upstream across a river in a kayak, against the current? Yes, we are called to be different, not to "conform to the pattern of this world","aliens", "peculiar". Christian values are a world apart. Everyday, all around me I am bombarded with coarse language, filthy cigarette smoke, malicious gossips. What can I talk about in common with them? Join them as they boast about their pleasure-centred lives and sex?! Hear them discourage and compromise my faith with words like the extinction of virgins? No way!!
We are told to flee from temptations just as Joseph in the Bible fled from Potiphar's wife..but why did God place me in a situation called army where it is so difficult to run?!? Recently, even the word God from me will pretty much end any conversation I have with them.They dont want to listen! In my SAF camp, we have to clean our bunks everyday, and I happen to be the one doing most of it everyday, watching them idle/read the Da Vinci Code?
Integrity is almost non-existent because too many believe in (dubbed SAF 8th Core Value haha!!)-Do whatever you want but dont get caught. So do the commanders?!? Arrgh.
I almost lost my purpose in there. They never do understand the joy of family and church to me. But I have seen it all from a wrong perspective. I can never thank God enough for showing me how much faith and confidence in me by putting me in such a godless place and expect me to endure. Would He allow me to be tempted knowing that I would fall? Certainly not. Such persecution and trials make my heart joyous as I mature in faith where others could have fall.
Take heart in the loss of friends, suffering and persecution. God is preparing us for the next stage of spiritual growth where otherwise we would have been stagnant.
Then, I failed my Standard Obstacle Course(SOC)>14+mins during my trial test. Faced with imminent remedial training on sat if i dont pass by the next test, I confidently claimed God's promise to help and even set goals for it. Finally, I made it in 9'36. Sheer physical might could not have done it alone. My army buddies still cant accept that God was the one who planned and assisted me in all this. God would make a way out for me that I may prepare for church on sat!! Amen! Praise Him!
It is not that persecution will not end. Not that we will always be denied our chance to go to church. We should continue trying our best, patient and hopeful for the sweet moment when God decides it is time to grant us our righteous desires.
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
-Matt 6:33
(Haha, actually I just want to air my grievances one, but managed to turn it into a testimony and encouragement for you all..^__^)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home