Life then, life now..a reminiscence of the good old days
I miss or remember the days before NSF when(order based on whim):~
I) We praised and worshipped God almost daily together. Now sometimes I cant even pray or sing in peace.
II)I had closer friends-we never really get tired of seeing each other daily.
III) Casual conversations did not have to involve dirty jokes or lewd stuff.
IV) I did not have to master 3 languages to communicate effectively.
V) My ears do not pick up crude language at least once every hour. = (
VI) 'Rushing to wait'; 'Waiting to rush' was a new concept. Therefore, to idle is leisure.
VII) Final Fantasy was not a foreign term. Who now understands the memories and joy that gamers had together?
VIII) I sleep without the sound of radio and "lau3 shu3 ai4 da4 mi3" each night :P
IX) I never tasted sleeping on stones, 'commando' mosquitoes or playing war games in the midst of a tempest.
X) Me and politics repel far away-I am 'politiphobic'. What is a real hierarchy/pecking order?
XI) Pursue of erudite English/Science that is meaningless now. What is pulchritude, anti-matter, gel electrophoresis or d-d transition of orbitals?
XII) Lunch/Dinner is chewed and tasted properly. Now I forgot what I've eaten the next minute or maybe its just the same thing everyday. Hahaha...
XIII) Muggin'. If we have 'No Life' by studying, then what about playing war games and politics all day?
XVI) You clean yourself before you clean machines.
XV) We have a secret, serene spot. Somewhere to be alone or in duo, or maybe just to hide.
XVI) Cigarette smoke does not permeate everywhere.
XVII) Green is a nice innocent colour to don in the streets.
XVIII) We dont need counselling sessions cos of morale problems from officers regularly.
and the list goes on...
God, now and then, you give and take away. You dont mind challenging those who seek you to patiently endure all difficulties, because you know, ultimately, we wont fall. Answers from you need not come right away. The book of Job and 1 & 2 Peter never made more sense now. Lord, you made praise, worship and fellowship sacred and to be appreciated in my life. You have forgiven me so many times during this period. Spirit of God, you moved me to compassion for others. You began my utmost dependency on you. My temporary sadness refines character. Faith, I can move the mountains...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Amen!
I) We praised and worshipped God almost daily together. Now sometimes I cant even pray or sing in peace.
II)I had closer friends-we never really get tired of seeing each other daily.
III) Casual conversations did not have to involve dirty jokes or lewd stuff.
IV) I did not have to master 3 languages to communicate effectively.
V) My ears do not pick up crude language at least once every hour. = (
VI) 'Rushing to wait'; 'Waiting to rush' was a new concept. Therefore, to idle is leisure.
VII) Final Fantasy was not a foreign term. Who now understands the memories and joy that gamers had together?
VIII) I sleep without the sound of radio and "lau3 shu3 ai4 da4 mi3" each night :P
IX) I never tasted sleeping on stones, 'commando' mosquitoes or playing war games in the midst of a tempest.
X) Me and politics repel far away-I am 'politiphobic'. What is a real hierarchy/pecking order?
XI) Pursue of erudite English/Science that is meaningless now. What is pulchritude, anti-matter, gel electrophoresis or d-d transition of orbitals?
XII) Lunch/Dinner is chewed and tasted properly. Now I forgot what I've eaten the next minute or maybe its just the same thing everyday. Hahaha...
XIII) Muggin'. If we have 'No Life' by studying, then what about playing war games and politics all day?
XVI) You clean yourself before you clean machines.
XV) We have a secret, serene spot. Somewhere to be alone or in duo, or maybe just to hide.
XVI) Cigarette smoke does not permeate everywhere.
XVII) Green is a nice innocent colour to don in the streets.
XVIII) We dont need counselling sessions cos of morale problems from officers regularly.
and the list goes on...
God, now and then, you give and take away. You dont mind challenging those who seek you to patiently endure all difficulties, because you know, ultimately, we wont fall. Answers from you need not come right away. The book of Job and 1 & 2 Peter never made more sense now. Lord, you made praise, worship and fellowship sacred and to be appreciated in my life. You have forgiven me so many times during this period. Spirit of God, you moved me to compassion for others. You began my utmost dependency on you. My temporary sadness refines character. Faith, I can move the mountains...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Amen!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home