Reflections...
Often, I plan my every week, what has to be done, what is going to happen as well as how things will possibly work out. Somewhere I have heard the saying, "If anything can possibly go wrong, it will!" It has worked out fine so far..until today the Friday 18th June 2005 on the '11th hour', I was told that next week I cant book out on sunday 26th June for Water Baptism because I have live firing training.
Shocked. Stunned. Bombshelled. Flabbergasted. Sighed. HaizZzed. What the-ed?... = (
Its no good!!! No lah. What an understatement. Hmmm...something supposedly God's will, this kind of things can also happen? Lord help me see...why all this? Trouble comes, now I pray..no its 'we pray'.
I've learnt...its awesome to turn to God in prayer and for help immediately when we face trouble/difficulties. But its better, if not just as important>>We submit our daily/weekly plans to Him. Its not just meagre thoughts and plans in my head. It has to be signed with Jesus' name. Then we begin to truly don the armour of God. Something so simple, I did not follow thru. I believed that I knew God's will, but I was still caught unaware in this trap. Satan is around. Things will go wrong!! Just like wisest human plans and wisdom are folly to God, the devil wont allow things to go easy on me, especially this moment of confidence when I let my guard down.
My daily bread> "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;..." ~1 Peter 1:13
I should have expected a spiritual battle here. Somehow my mother simply agreeing to my water baptism this year was too simple. Last year, it didnt work at all. Now, I face another problem here-a totally different one.
Gird up my minds, I cautiously prepare for battle, especially during my greatest spiritual victory or defeat. This water baptism being one. Be sober, I make thoughts and desires that are right before God. I understood this, but this lesson served to accentuate this bread of God's Word.
'Hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.'The battle wont end here..I am going to pray about this important event. See how things will turn out, confident in expectation of God's motion. My dear brother Ken is going to talk to my commanders about it.. And my sweet cell group is praying for me. Praise God. I simply love my cell group. = )
You Sheng
Shocked. Stunned. Bombshelled. Flabbergasted. Sighed. HaizZzed. What the-ed?... = (
Its no good!!! No lah. What an understatement. Hmmm...something supposedly God's will, this kind of things can also happen? Lord help me see...why all this? Trouble comes, now I pray..no its 'we pray'.
I've learnt...its awesome to turn to God in prayer and for help immediately when we face trouble/difficulties. But its better, if not just as important>>We submit our daily/weekly plans to Him. Its not just meagre thoughts and plans in my head. It has to be signed with Jesus' name. Then we begin to truly don the armour of God. Something so simple, I did not follow thru. I believed that I knew God's will, but I was still caught unaware in this trap. Satan is around. Things will go wrong!! Just like wisest human plans and wisdom are folly to God, the devil wont allow things to go easy on me, especially this moment of confidence when I let my guard down.
My daily bread> "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;..." ~1 Peter 1:13
I should have expected a spiritual battle here. Somehow my mother simply agreeing to my water baptism this year was too simple. Last year, it didnt work at all. Now, I face another problem here-a totally different one.
Gird up my minds, I cautiously prepare for battle, especially during my greatest spiritual victory or defeat. This water baptism being one. Be sober, I make thoughts and desires that are right before God. I understood this, but this lesson served to accentuate this bread of God's Word.
'Hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.'The battle wont end here..I am going to pray about this important event. See how things will turn out, confident in expectation of God's motion. My dear brother Ken is going to talk to my commanders about it.. And my sweet cell group is praying for me. Praise God. I simply love my cell group. = )
You Sheng

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home